Friday, February 11, 2005

Efficiency

Hiya!!

I have not been so productive today... I'll have my second long exam in MuL13 (you know IT??) tomorrow, and I hadn't studied a bit. I haven't accomplished any assignments, including my cousin's girlfriend's - a card full of happy birthday greetings for my one and only roommate... He'll be eighteen next week, and I'm left with only seven days to finish what I have to do - fill the birthday card with friendly greetings of nonsense.

Anyways, I'm trying to be cheerful nowadays. My cousin's birthday is coming, and I can't imagine having a grudge against him during his very special day.

My skin is so not tanned. I tan easily, but I also lose it in as much time as I gained it. Ugh, skin matter is so complicated. I've got this friend from highschool who's really frustrated in having a skin tone different from his original. He says he wants to be white when he originally sports some mahogany. I mean, well, skin alteration is really scary; why try change what God has given you? I can't find the exact reason why Filipinos have an eye for very pale skins. I'd prefer the darker, HEALTHIER complexion than the ghastly pale that everyone is sporting today.

What are coños doing at the AS Steps??

I'm running out of garbs. My closet is not offering me any new idea of mixing and matching clothes. Everytime I open my closet, nothing changes; they're still the same old clothes I wear since - a long long time ago. We've been travelling through Divisoria lately, shopping for new clothes, but by the end of the day, we end up buying only those which are not only cheap, but also relatively easy fits. See, I have to have a collection of clothes. Why?

I'm planning to join an organization in UP. The organization's name is Ecosoc (Economics Society), and it's home is in the School of Economics, a very prestigious college in and out of the university. By prestigious, I mean, well, elitist. Everyone in this college seems so out of reach, so socially superior, and so - Coño. One time, I was hanging out at the tambayan, I heard this girl remarking at the outfit of my co-applicant. She said: "Tingnan mo, hindi ba she wore that nung last time na??" with a matching grimace and pointed fingers to the breast. Does this mean we cannot wear clothes more than once?? Hmpphh... Those coños...

My allowance is easily depleting! Nooh!

My Anthro10 class today was spent for a symposium about Forensic Science in the Philippines. At first it was pretty interesting: how the forensic experts deal with death cases is so energy-brain-boosted like CSI... But as the speaker trudged down along her speech, the mood steeply changed from interesting to depressing. She emphasized the lack of Forensic knowledge here in the Philippines, the incompetence of our doctors, and the overboarding strategies of the media who most of the time hinders the progression of crime scenes. It was pretty amazing that she had the guts to reveal how the authorities of the Philippines succumb to obsolete techniques in criminology. She mentions about the Parafin Test, an examination concerned with gunpowder, with a goal similar to the lie-detector test. She says it had been abolished since the 60's and is no longer talked about today in other countries, but it is still being revived today by the police department. In a hopeless attempt to uplift criminal professionalism in the country, the authority pathetically "returns to its roots" and practice tradition all over again. Even the presidents endorse such backward "growth". Before she ends her speech, Dr. Fortun (from UPM) flashes photos of how the media intervene with crime scenes, how the police stupidly posed for photographers in a hope to appear on newspaper, and how the heads of the state try to be full of themselves by going straight into the crime scene and playing the I-belong-here role. For a finale, Dr. Fortun flashed a photo of GMA wearing a mask, peering over Al Ghozi's dead body, trying to exude an I-am-concerned-in-a-way mood.

Pretty depressing. But that's a thing I'll leave to the bigger men, I mean, to the efficient bigger men.

Torian, I wanted to be an efficient bigger man someday. Dream, dream, dream... ZZZzzzzz...

Shi ya latr.

-cramming yet again-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home