Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ateneo Style

what a night this has been.

i started this day at 4:45 pm. i had to take a cold shower which i dont usually do (i bathe in warm water...) so i could catch up to this bayad center and pay my telly bill. they close at five, i arrived two minutes after closing, but they let me in nevertheless. very kind people. then im off to bench fix and got my hair cut. for the first time, i got depressed to the point of violence when i saw my new hair. it just didnt do justice to anything, the pesos i gave, the length of my previous hair, the expectations ive been rearing when i went there. grrr... i prefer my hair when it was uncut. it was unruly and wild, almost fiery, and i didnt even have to comb it or do it with wax.

whatever.

then off to misa party at ateneo upon lynnie's invitation. len was there (boy hunting as usual), and i couldn't help myself from comparing the ateneo crowd from the UP crowd. at the back of my mind i was thinking of considerably negative things about my university: the deteriorating quality of education, the manners that students there lack, the inability to wear good clothes and look good on them, a lot a lot et cetera et cetera.

actually, just to appease my urge to squeal, i like the atenista crowd more than the ones i have in our usual adhoc-taskforce parties in eastwood. although the atenista crowd lacks the rowdiness the youth of today should exemplify, i cant help but appreciate the cleanliness of partying with them. it's like, everyone is a party platypus anyways so let's just make the most out of it...

ugh. so after that we went to Gesu for the simbang gabi. actually i wouldn't have had come if not for the astounding feel i felt the last time i went there for the simbang gabi... im a non practicing catholic, but if all the churches, if all the choirs, if all the priests, if all the crowds in the catholic world were like that at Gesu, then id profess again.

then we hung out at bell field. saya. un nga lang inulan kami, but it's worth the while...

...

ugh. ateneo is getting into my nerves. whenever im in ateneo, i feel like im looking at youth at a different perspective. they're somehow alien... too goody goody. and i feel alienated about it. to think that this is my youth, my generation, my peers... ugh.

am i really wasting my youth on petty things?

or maybe im just envious.

how could they be as happy as they are???

hay ewan.

...

tas tomorrow we'll go back to batangas na. to be honest, until now, im not sure if i really want to go back to lipa. there's nothing i should visit there anyways. i mean, even though being in QC means being cold and alone all the time, i prefer being here than going back to lipa to mingle with irrational people. it's sickening. i want to stay here. i like my condo because it provides an escape to the harsh reality of who i really am.

blah.

may dilemma pa pala ko. len has a problem going back to QC alone so she wants me to accompany her back. haay. ewan, if i had the all the money in the world, id do that. im still thinking.

blah.

happy christmas.

-acoustic-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home