Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Testimonial and Hundreds of Lazy Days in the Past

I was rummaging through my things and I found this article...

...

"...What you see is what you get. There are people who embody that saying - those whom we meet and we immediately know what they're like as a person.

Keneth, or Kimoy as we fondly call him, looks like one such individual. Lean, chinito, and fair for a guy, Kimoy was born and raised in the place that has made kapeng barako famous. Living alone has made him both independent and wise beyond his years. A self-proclaimed home buddy, his hobbies consist of movie marathons, enjoying his favorite food, and spending time with his friends. Kimoy works just as hard as everyone, but what sets him apart from the rest is his brilliance with languages. He has developed quite an intense love affair with all things French, and he continues to learn more by the day.

But Kimoy's best asset is his sincerity as a person. Easy to get along with, genial, and perpetually unassuming, Kimoy makes people feel comfortable around him. Our friendship, which began that one November afternoon, has seen the passage of many years. Over coffee and the occasional shuffling of cards, one catches a clearer glimpse of this boy who has turned into a young man.

With Kimoy, despite how he looks, what you see is NOT what you always get. beyond the laughter and the cheerful persona is a person who has stood witness to the darker side of life. And with all the things that the world has brought to his table, Kimoy has struck a balance between being sanguine and melancholic; and being hopeful yet practical. His dreams are big but tampered by a kick of reality that he has come to know so well.

To Kimoy, thank you. our friendship has seen many beginnings, as well as ends. Now that we find ourselves at the threshold of the real world, we take the future into our hands and turn it into our present. Move forward bravely, but keep the past at arms length, including your memories of our laughter during those long, lazy afternoons..."

...

A testimonial I found on my school's annual. This was written by Christine Ablaza, a very close friend I met back in college. Gives me chills every time I read it.

This is the best testimonial I ever had.

More power to you, friends, I'm so glad I have you in my life.

-in excelsis-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home