Monday, September 15, 2008

Growing In

"i have new priorities..."

all of a sudden, a recent chat with a very close friend flashed through my mind. "i have new priorities," said she, as i blabbered about the hardships that is adulthood. in my half matured mind i was in denial - im young, i need guidance, i cant pay my own rent, i cant make my own decisions just yet... im not halfway close from being an adult.

my resume is premature, my clothes are too preppy for the corporate world, and my face just doesnt have enough stubble.

im young for my age.

but then i realized, "i have new priorities" is actually like a skip. you stumble upon it on the road and then it teleports you to a new place. a harsher place. a more.. should i say, boring place. it's like being in a standoff.. with what, i dont really have any idea.

"i have new priorities" is like a rite of passage. if you pass through it, you wont need to age slowly. you just become an adult, see it's like detour. adolescence, "i have new priorities," then adult. just like that.

you just wait for the rest to grow in.

how wicked is the world and aging?

no, i dont mean it the cool way.

-wear pink and paint the town red.-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home