Monday, January 30, 2006

Story Critic

good morning qc.

was forced out of mcdo because they're closing for the day. it never occurred to me that mcdo ever closes.

i was critiquing the short stories of my classmates in cw10. prof stressed out that we shouldn't be nitpicky on our review but some of the stories are plain unpassable. there's this one "short story" that i dont even consider a short story because it has no conflict due to weak characterization and the lack of adrenaline pump. actually this story was so full of details that aimed to characterize a major character but failed to do so. sorry po sa gumawa ng "detesting apples," but your story is simply a paragraph of declaratives. i worked hard for my short story, and i know, based on my rereads, that my story lacks certain flares, but i still worked hard for it. author of "detesting apples", please work harder. yeah as if you'll be reading this.

i'll just send this thought of mine to the cosmos. maybe the higher beings will have the sympathy to transmit my thought to you, so you would revise your pseudo-story.

hay, it's 12:51 at my clock. sleep is evading me. i never slept the same way i did before. i take in my sleep the caution of waking up to an unsure tomorrow, and my dreams are scarred with the harsh realities of life. the only deep sleeps i have are those first two hours that i spend at dreamland, knowing that i'll wake up later, fully alert, to spend the rest of midnight blogging, or reading, or thinking, or eating, or whatever.

everyone is asleep now. it pains me that darkness' embrace fails to induce sleep from my frail body. now i have to wait for blood-shot eyes and aching back muscles before the claws of sleep finally sinks in.

i wonder what tomorrow has for me.

-nonsense-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home