Monday, May 21, 2007

False Asymptote

i have just finished rereading the latest installment in the harry potter series, and i cant believe myself for still feeling deep remorse over the death of a fictional character... albus dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Magic and cheif warlock of the Wizengamot, died under some forbidden curse... how sad. im still so enamored by the whole story, im still thinking about Hogsmeade, centaurs, and the war against Death Eaters...

that's why i like jk rowling so much. she's one of the greatest creative writers of all time for me. even if i reread her stories, i still feel the same emotions; i still feel the movement that is weaved into her rich words... eventhough i have very elementary creative writing education, i believe i recognize a great story once i read one... and the harry potter series is a great story.

well at least for me.. we do have varying tastes do we?

dental checkup cancelled today because dentist was away... oh just so you know, i changed back to my old dentist. my orthodontist and the whole patient-dentist relationship i shared with her turned out to be a fiasco. although my teeth are straighter than ever, i still give myself some room for bickering over the growing space between my two front teeth. yes, they moved! i know it's partly my fault why they moved, because i broke my retainers before i should have finished wearing them, but then isnt quality material also a big factor in successful orthodontics?

and i inspected my teeth just yestertwodays and i found out that some of the cement from my braces are still there. and even some of the quartz! erg i hate my orthodontist.

but i cant go back to her.. you see there's no more point arguing over left-over tooth cement.

so its back to my old dentist, who is an orthodontist herself. but she's way better. she landed fourth in her bar exams, and she has very light hands, they dont make my teeth hurt when i go to my checkups.. she is very expensive though, but then thinking about the many months of repair for my teeth due to my incompetent orthodontist justifies the very high price my now-dentist charges.

oh well.

tomorrow perhaps, my retainers will be adjusted to add pressure on my front teeth. para daw magsara ung space.. yey.

erg start of classes is fast approaching and i still dont get how the new computerized registration system works... i got four subjects from the preenlistment, but i missed two others, making my schedule a bit unsatisfactory.

i enlisted for a 5:30-7:00 PI subject! whatda?!!

i never expected myself to be taking night classes in UP. never ever.

and i gotta get a hold of that physics subject even if the demand is at record high of 324 and there are 2 available slots left...

hoping for the hopeless. yeah.

ok gotsa go.

-fawke-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home