Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pencil Straight

finally watched spider man today. i suppose most of the people here have watched spiderman already, that's why i had the whole of robinson's cinema 5 all to myself (and some couples snogging at the corners...) sometimes i think i appreciate movies more when i watch them alone. cause there are times when company messes up the mood of a film; you sometimes miss the good parts because your friend turns up to you and asks what happened and things like that.

maybe i'll just download pirates of the caribbean from torrent... my mum is getting irkier and irkier at the moment; my expenses for this week sums up to about 4 thousand, and that's already half of what my mum earns at the insurance company... kaya tipid tipid muna.

my retainers must be adjusted. one part of the orthodontic device impedes my bite, so i feel like most of my lower front teeth are moving... which cannot happen, because i just wont let that happen. my teeth cant move because we spent about 30 thousand for them, and i spent three and a half years wearing the braces, the whole time of which i had sores and whathaveyous inside my mouth. so i have to get my retainers adjusted. but my dentist's clinic is always affected by the brownouts that are irritatingly becoming more common nowadays... are they caused by the elections, are they proof that batangas electric is undergoing administrative problems i dont know, but i will need the electricity back..

excited na ko pumasok... hehe. i was able to persuade my mum to buy me a new bag because my other bags seem to be giving up on me - they were shouting for replacements... nakarating kami ng kung saan saan trying to find my ideal bag - a mailman's with adjustable straps, black and gray with white stripes, spacious, and made of cotton... well, we didn't exactly find the one i had in mind. i had to settle for the mailman's bag from bench which is also cool.

i wish i get my PI subject. even if it's panggabi, papatulan ko na, malapit lang naman ako sa UP. i need to finish 18 units this coming sem so my thesis sem would be a lighter load. ugh the pressure of graduating on time. my ninangs actually already have plans of how to spend my first paycheck... they say they'd go to a comedy bar again and blow their heads off... of course i'd treat... uff the pressure - that means i must get a high-paying job or it's big disappointment in the grab bag.

if i can only tell them the trend of things in UP. they always say economics is the course that lands you to high-paying jobs... what they do not know is that there are two kinds of economics in UP. one is business economics, the other one is pure economics which is my course. it is fact that most of the big earners on the roster of alumni graduated with degrees in business economics. all of them knows a lot about bookkeeping, accounting, and finance. they are the ones who get the big jobs, the high-paying jobs at some international bank or some multi-national company working on the accounting, marketing, and finance departments... we who study pure economics can only land meager call center jobs or some shot at the HRD if we failed to get into real economic jobs like in NEDA or the stock exchange. maybe they were thinking about business economics all the while they talked to me about big savings accounts and posh workplaces at the office...

hay buhay. it's very hard to please everybody.

when you are around the most competitive students at the university, your beliefs about employment will change dramatically. dreams can only be dreams unless you do something about them. basta wish ko lang sana may tumanggap sakin pag grumaduate na ko... then i will work my way up from there...

-early night entry-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home