Saturday, February 04, 2006

Normal Days

Today is one hell of a ride...

i pushed my limits by eating the wrong kind of food, sleeping the wrong number of hours, thinking the wrong kinds of thoughts. woke up in a morning full of smoke, sweat, and aching knee muscles. i spent the first hours of morning skipping breakfast, riding the filthiest railways, fighting headaches, and keeping my cool in the smog of pollution. i rode the pedicab for the first time in my life, faced my fear of crowds, pulled my corporate face despite my preference of scrubs over business attire. i mingle with dlsu peope in the restroom, drink brewed coffee, eat the coldest croissant. i reject the best thesis of la salle, find its statistical loopholes, and thank god i am from UP. i hear of 79 deaths in a stampede in ultra, see the lowest form of filipinos on tv, and deject the ignorance that creeps to the highest tiers of what they called "intellectual" media. i convince myself that filipinos are good actors (willy revillame, his disgusting role-playing), and that in the frustration due to poverty, filipinos transform a game show into a charitable institution. i eat my favorite food, blurt out my inner gossip-columnist, and catch up with a long-lost friend (Sherly Chan). i burn my skin from a 1:30pm sun, sit in an alien class, and ride the jeepney in all my business attire.

i cleaned the unit with my mum, and scoured every corner for a bit of trash. i indulged in food-chain food, listened to the noise from a field party in ateneo, watched another commercial shoot, and slept like a child under the parched 3:00 afternoon. i tie the cables of information, organize the things in my desk and in my mind, and reenergize with fried pork chop. i blog and scratch my pale legs while listening to the latest updates of the ultra tragedy. i plan for a good sleep.

i am all used up, when an orgmate reminds me again of the jersey fitting for the varsity (petty varsity) may tomorrow be a normal day.


first time to ride the pedicab...

-exhausted-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home