Friday, April 15, 2005

Shoes

Heya!

Tomorrow is grandma’s 78th birthday. I’m going back to Lipa later.

*To Where You Are - Josh Groban* I can’t wait to see my kin.

My mum said she’s going to buy me shoes. Yey! The simple joys of having luxury; it’s a thing that I wasn’t so accustomed to because my mum never let me (in particular) swim too much on it. We were well above the poverty line during my early childhood because my dad was a very big man in Lipa City, so fame and money followed him. Actually the Tolentino’s claim a big name in the political system of Lipa, but when he died, we lost the fame (and the luxury). One of my ninongs is Lipa’s ex-mayor Ruben Umali, a big man… But now, he doesn’t even know me. Well, my point is: Since then, the luxury was controlled.

But I have a different protocol to follow – different from what my elder brothers follow. The eldest son of my mother (the brother that always loathed) got everything he wanted: My food, my money, signature clothes, designer shoes, a drum set and a whole set of band instruments later on, a car, a lot of fashionable items like the newest units released by Nokia, etc. He was a complete couch potato and his grades at school were all axes (70, 71, 72, 73, 77) yet he got what he wanted. I, on the other hand, didn’t even get my favorite book (for God’s sake, a book!) even though I exercised my eyes too much on reading, and my grades at school were the juiciest (88, 89, 90, 93).

Anyways, things have settled now – I settled for the underdog role.

Now, I find the simple joys of being bought a pair of shoes… I’m really so happy for it; I think I deserve it.

I want something that fits my arched feet.



I really have nothing sensible to write. Bye!

-nonsense-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home