Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Waiting

Hey.

The pope is dead. He died during the dawn of Saturday - Philippine time. Oh well.

Who's to replace him?

I can't see a fitting new pope because Pope John Paul II is still fresh in my memory. I was born during his reign as Pope, so he's actually the default. Anyways, if there's to be a new pope, I want it to be Francis Arinze, the Roman Catholic cardinal from Nigeria, because first, he's from a third world country, therefore he knows the hardships of being a Catholic despite the harshness of reality, which takes form through poverty, corruption, and human imperfection. Second, he is African and has black skin... If he ever got the position as Pope, he'll be the first black-skinned pope ever to sit in the Vatican, and he'll be the first to ensure everyone in the world that the Christianity is not racist.

The list of Papal candidates really fascinates me... Or actually bothers me. There are people who are deserving to be pope, but are not running for it. Then there are those who are running for the position, but I doubt if they really fit in the Vatican because instead of having theology as background, their status implies mastery of other fields such as Journalism, Politics, and Software Engineering (??)... I scanned the list until the final candidate made me click the exit button.

The last candidate was someone named Rachael Whittington...

(Pope Rachael I ??)

Anyways, I on behalf of the whole Philippine populace, is expecting a pope that could parallel Karol's appeal to the people.

Our class outing is coming. Can't wait...

-waiting-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home